And for me the usual routine goes a little something like this:
- Have an idea of an outfit in mind.
- Go to find key pieces only to discover many are in some sort of unwearable state or unable to befound at all.
- Being pressed for time (or too lazy) decide to concoct another outfit idea.
- Approach the bottom-to-top or top-to-bottom approach, but then realize weather conditions need to be checked first. If you live in a persnickety climate like the Northwest, you understand how important this step is.
- Look up weather and factor in activities for the day/night, hours on feet, whether activities are indoors or outdoors, likelihood of running into someone you know (say from high school), etc.
- After an hour or so of this complicated style equation, I might actually decide on a pair of footwear and start from there.
- If weather permits bare legs, I check to see if my legs are presentable for public display. If so, I can at least eliminate the need for pants and stockings. If not, then I'm in trouble. And as it so happens, they're not.
- Decide to play it safe and go with jeans, but which ones? Skinny? Long and boot-cut? Dark wash? Light wash? Cuffed? No-cuff?
- After finally deciding on suitable pair that A) doesn't give me a muffin top, B) isn't stretched out and baggy in an unflattering way and C) makes my butt look good, I move on to tops.
- Try on about 20 different tops with corresponding layering pieces but am unsatisfied with anything.
- Take off all clothes and end up back in weird pajama set (or underwear) and start again.
I think it's time to re-evaluate my wardrobe and perhaps get some outside help before I start dressing like this (see side photo) everyday.
Notice the clashing of the purple dress with pink scarf and blue bag. What was I thinking when I put this outfit together?*hides face in embarrassment* It looked much better without the scarf, trench, and bag but considering it was cooler outside I needed to layer up. Still, it's no excuse to go out looking like this.
Must get my dressing act together soon. I refuse to spend the rest of my life staring at my closet wondering what to wear!