21 February 2011

Burberry Prorsum Fall/Winter 2011 - Live Stream from London

Talk about bringing fashion to the masses. Burberry upped the fash-technology ante by streaming live today to 150 countries and on screen at the famous London Picadilly Circus. It was quite the show. And I have to say that since I couldn't make it to London Fashion Week, (next year, right?) I really appreciated the live stream.


What i loved most was the music, a mix of romance oldies like "You Don't Own Me" by Lesley Gore with other 50's/60's style crooning (Was that Adele I heard?) against winter whites, mod 60's style colors (brown, blue, orange and yellow), jewel-colored plaid coats and of course, the classic khaki Burberry trenchcoats. I read somewhere that the playlist could be downloaded on iTunes Demand, but I wasn't able to find it so I'm hoping the play list pops up somewhere online soon. Never the less, the mood was romantic with a tinge of heart break. I'm not sure what the storyline for the collection was suppose to be but in my mind it was about a young woman who breaks up with a lover after realizing he doesn't fully appreciate her and that she's better off without him. She then decides to jet off to rainy London to write a novel about her heartache and perhaps find love again. Again, that's my take on story, not theirs.


One of the sections that really stood out to me was the Winter Whites. I especially loved these crisp, tailored white dresses, which seem like a chic alternative to the LBD (Little Black Dress). And I'm especially loving the cut-out backs and black trim details. I would have never thought to wear white like this in the fall and winter, but looking at this collection it makes sense.

Over all, I loved the collection. Although I'm not a fan of fur (real fur, anyways) I was intrigued by the fur accents and pieces like the fur skirts which seem appropriate for the cooler weather. And as always, I love that new editions of the classic Burberry trenches. It *almost* makes me wish for rain. But what was more exciting to me was being able to watch the show as it was happening. Thanks Burberry!

Christopher Bailey, you've done it again, ol' boy!

*In case you missed the show you can watch it on Burberry's website.

No comments: